This morning I was looking at pictures my sister posted on her myspace account from her New Years Eve party. It got me thinking.....
And missing....
As I was looking through all the pictures, it totally made me feel so old! (Okay, well to be fair on me, she IS TEN YEARS YOUNGER than me). They're all partying in the backyard, in the house, having a blast, and just being carefree.
Damn.....I remember those days........
Before hubby and I got married, hell, even before we met, we partied. And sometimes partied HARD. (Well, me, not THAT hard, anyway). I was out just about every weekend. Hanging out with friends. Going to parties. In high school we went to dance clubs every weekend. After high school I went to clubs in Hollywood like The Whisky-A-G0-Go, The Roxy, Gazzarri's, Troubador, etc to listen to bands. Got drunk. Still went to parties too.
Hell, that's how I met hubby, at a party!
I had fun. A lot of fun.
But then I go into see my youngest in bed watching TV (hey people, it's Saturday morning and it's cold outside) and she hugs me and says, "Cuddle mommy, cuddle".
THIS is what I wanted.
THIS is fun.
THIS is what it's all about for me.
I got to live the carefree life and now I have the life I always wanted. I've got it all.
Thank you hubby for being at that party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment