Thursday, January 04, 2007

Behind The Liquor Store, Cash Only

Today I took my cat in to get her spayed. I looked all around for places and I found this one place that came recommended from my neighbor, who researched places when she took her cats. When I told my boss about this vet, he knew exactly who I was talking about too, as he's been there before too!

The Veterinary Hospital is actually in a building behind a liquor store (the two places are in one big building, just separated by walls, so two different places of business). And it's Cash Only. I shit you not.

At first I was a bit leery because, hey, it's BEHIND a liquore store and it's CASH ONLY! Hmm.....

But my boss and my friend definitely recommended him. And put it this way, my boss MAKES cat food for the stray cat that resides behind our office at work. Any my friend adores her cats immensely! So I don't think they'd take their cats to some half ass place. Plus, I trust them both.

So I give it a go.

No fancy stuff in there. Just simple friendly service.

Yes, he is a licensed veterinarian.

He's been in business for years too, so it's not like it's a fly by the night business or anything, and obviously if he was doing something wrong, someone would have reported him by now and he'd be out of business.

I dropped my cat off in the morning, and picked her up in the afternoon.

Straight, simple and to the point.

I got a shot record from him too, and hey, they even have a computer!

But think about it. Low overhead, cash only so you don't have to worry about bounced checks or stolen credit cards. At least this way he won't lose any money due to dishonest people.

Overall I was pleased by the results.

My cat is now asleep on my bed, resting.

She's had a hard day. She's used to running around my house torturing us.

So if you need a good vet, don't be so quick to discount the one behind the liquor store that takes cash only.

No comments: