Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Mother's Intuition

Mother's Intuition....

You've all heard about it..

It is SUCH a powerful thing.

It is an AMAZING thing!

Some people often wonder how it works and there is just no way to describe it. It's just something a mother knows. And it's something that a "mother-to-be" would know too. I was pregnant before I had my eldest and I had a miscarriage. It was never known what the sex of the baby was, but I knew it was a boy. I just KNEW. I've known other people who have had the heartbreak of a miscarriage and they knew the sex of their baby too. Some have had it confirmed, some haven't. But they still just KNEW!

When I was pregnant with my youngest, I knew before I knew. I had an ultrasound scheduled and two days before, I went into a resale shop and bought the cutest little dress. I knew. The ultrasound confirmed what I knew.

My girls.

I know when something is bothering them. I know when there's something that just isn't right. And with my oldest, I push her to tell me. Sometimes I let it go, sometimes I don't. But she inevitably tells me about it.

I know.

My mom knew.

When I was a little girl, my mom told me that after they had gotten divorced, she told my dad to NEVER forget my birthday or Christmas. Just don't do it. Because I would never get over it if he did. I mean, how could she POSSIBLY know that about me at such a young age?

But she knew.

And she was right.

He did take off for a few years and I never got those Christmas or birthday presents from him anymore. And I didn't forget. It was something that hurt me so deeply inside. That was something that SHE knew that was important to me. That my dad would think of me on my birthday and Christmas. Two days out of the year. Two days that she KNEW were important to me.

How could she have known when I was at such a young age?

Mother's Intuition.

It's a powerful thing.

No comments: