A little early.......
My eldest and her friend are in my living room right now watching the movie, Grease.
28 years ago, when I was in 5th grade (oh my goodness, has it really been THAT long ago??!), my mom took me and my best friend to the Drive-In to see Grease. Oh my, what an EVENT that was!!! We were so funny, when the song "Grease Lightning" came on we were dancing in the car together with the movie. We were both crammed up in the front seat with my mom watching the movie.
We even formed our own "Grease Girls" club in school with some of our friends, that included t-shirts in which we wrote "Grease Girls" on it. We were so silly!
Sometime in junior high we went to a carnival somewhere and they had THE fun house that was in the movie and so of course we HAD to go through it and sing, "You're The One That I Want", and do the dance too.
I have always loved that movie too!!!! A year before my mom died, she even gave me a Grease Barbie with Sandy when she was all dressed up in black spandex and leather.
I know the movie by heart, people!
It's amazing to me that 28 years later, my eldest is now watching it with her best friend. :)
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment