Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Love Thursday - My Grandpa

My Grandpa and Me (when I was 3)

My grandpa was the best. Granted he could be gruff at times, but he always loved to play with the kids!


Case in point:
Here I am, around 3 or 4 years old, and he's letting me put curlers in his hair!

When I got married 14 1/2 years ago, I asked him to walk me down the aisle (Dad MIA, a story for another time), but he was having trouble walking. But he was there at my wedding! And I got the last picture I ever had with just me and him:

(My Grandpa and Me - when I was 24)

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Those are wonderful pictures!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I do Love Thursday too, but seeing your warm grandfatherly memories and photos reminded me of one of my favorite photos of my grandfather--also gruff with everyone else but, well, me ;) I have a few older shots of us that will probably end up scanned as a Love Thursday sooner or later as well. Are grandfathers great?

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

That last line should be °aren't grandfathers great?" or "are grandfathers great or what?" Whichever you prefer ;)

PastormacsAnn said...

Curlers in his hair!? That is love!

These are wonderful pictures. I never knew either of my grandfathers. It must be a special like of love.

Happy LT.

Jen said...

What fabulous memories. I'm so glad you have photographs to help keep them fresh. Thanks so much for sharing, and Happy Love Thursday!