What did I do last night? Tried to make it to midnight here at home. Did I? Yes! I kept saying I was going to go to bed, but then it was a quarter to midnight by then and I said, "Now I have to stay up until midnight" So I rang in the new year with my hubby and we kissed. Much like we did (although probably not as passionate because I was tired and wasn't drunk either
I was talking to my sister yesterday, as she was having a New Year's Eve Party of her own last night, telling her how I used to LOVE, LOVE New Year's! There was ALWAYS a party to go to, and I always had fun!
Growing up we had always gone to my grandparents house for New Years. They always used to play Tripoly that night. It was neat watching the grownups play, and sometimes I would get to play too. Part of the reason we always went there was the fact that my Grandpa's birthday was January 1st. Happy Birthday Grandpa!!
I remember when I was in junior high or so, and would always watch MTV on New Years. That was actually so much fun to watch that!
I don't think I started going out to a party for New Years until maybe I was a junior in high school. I do know that once I did start going out for New Years it was something I always did, and never wanted to miss it! I always had a good time that night!
I remember that one New Years when I kissed hubby. He was home from his duty station, and had brought a few friends. I was at one party and he and his friends came over (obviously this was before we were married). He was supposed to go back over to one of his other friend's house, but I persuaded him to stay, at least to kiss me at midnight. What a night that was! I think we all did so much party hopping that night because so many friends were having parties! (Yes, I know, bad me.........)
That incoming year ended up being the year that hubby and I got married! We didn't get to spend the next New Years together though, as he got deployed and was out to sea then. He did call me though at the party I was at then. Our friend's family has always had New Year's Eve parties since forever and I so I went there that year, just didn't have someone to kiss passionately. The next year though we went together and had been going to our friend's house up until just a few years ago. My mom would watch our oldest and we would take a cab there so we didn't have to worry about driving. I even had my other sister drive us once there too and we just took a cab home. At least we got responsible by then! :) It just got to be too much to drive all the way there and we wanted to spend the New Year with our children too, so we stopped going.
I can't wait to get off this computer at watch the Rose Parade too! I LOVE the Rose Parade! Growing up in L.A., it is ALWAYS one EVERY station! Once we left L.A. and I couldn't find it on all the stations, I was bummed! I don't even think it was on a station when we lived in Tennesse! At least now that we're in California, I can still see it. :)
Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment