Friday, January 26, 2007

A Feeling in the Air

Do you ever get those feelings where you feel that something is going to happen or something is about to start?

I've had that feeling today. I don't know if something is about to happen, or I am just coming out of a fog or what. Or maybe I feel like Spring is going to come soon? I don't know......

I do know that softball season is going to start soon for my eldest. We got the call last night from her coach, so at least we know who her coach is. He was my #3 pick, so that's good. Then I got a call from the Team Mom today too. Things are rolling along.

Work seems to have evened out a bit, which is REALLY good too.

Hubby is still going out to sea for short periods of time, and that is sometimes harder than him being gone for a long time. It's a juggling act, I tell you.

It's around this time that I like to start gardening, but our backyard is in dire need of a good grading. Plus we need to have our whole backyard dug up and have chicken wire laid down under the dirt and grass because the gophers are driving us absolutely BATTY!!!! It doesn't matter what we try, they keep coming back. At least if we lay chicken wire underneath, they can't come up (at least we HOPE not!)

It's Friday, the start of the weekend, the start of my piles of laundry that need to be done, the two days that I get to sleep in (at least until the 7:00 a.m. indoor soccer game comes that my eldest plays in next month, I think), the start, or should I say the continuation, of more organizing things in the house that I don't get a chance to do during the week.

Oh, and did I mention my goal to be more organized and prepared this year? I've already got my niece's birthday present and her birthday isn't until the end of February. I've got the little Valentine's gifts for my girls already. I want to have things done ahead of time, pace things out during the year so I don't get rushed. A few years ago, I had started getting Christmas presents in August! I just love getting things done ahead of time, and I'm hoping this year I can do that again.

No comments: