Monday, January 22, 2007

Memories Monday - Hell On Wheels

I was exercising this morning and listening to my MP3 player when Cher's "Hell On Wheels" came on. Boy does that song evoke memories! It's the first song on the soundtrack and on the movie, "Roller Boogie". My best friend and I could not wait to see that movie! We loved it! We bought the soundtrack album (I still have it too), and we spent just about every free waking moment roller skating around our neighborhood.

Now, when you roller skate, you always want a good smooth surface. Yes, roller rinks are nice, but kind of hard to always go to when you are in 5th and 6th grade! There was this one driveway on our block though. It had just been repaved. We ALWAYS used it! I think we did ask once if it was alright if we used their driveway, at least that was nice of us! We worked on our turns, spins, tricks, you name it, we did it. Or at least we tried to do those things.

Back in my early 20's I would grab my skates, hop in my car and drive down to Venice and go skating on the boardwalk, usually by myself. It was SO nice and relaxing for me to do that!

To this day I still love to rollerskate. I even have my own pair of skates! At least once a year for the past two years I've been able to go rollerskating, as my eldest's school has the kids, who have good citizenship, go there for a field trip/reward trip. So at least I've been getting some use out of them!

But I still love to watch Roller Boogie too! :)

No comments: