This morning I was getting ready for the day, and both my girls were in the bathroom with me, as they almost always like to do in the morning. Now, granted, we do have two bathrooms and I probably should just go and use mine, but I don't use the shower back there (too damn small, plus it doesn't work correctly right now anyway), and when I get out of the shower, I just want to get ready there.
Anyway, the girls were in there with me and I certainly don't have the biggest bathroom around. It's quite small actually. It reminds me a bit of the bathroom I had growing up.
I lived in a 1 bedroom duplex with my 2 sisters and mom and we had 1 bathroom. 4 girls and one bathroom? Yea, I don't see how we did it either!
But it always seemed like we were ALL trying to be in there at the same time! I know my mom got in and out of there as quickly as she could, she probably didn't want to spend too much time in a dinky bathroom with her 3 children. I swear my bathroom is smaller than the one we had growing up though.
Back to the bathroom growing up. I remember my mom put two "art pieces" that I did in the bathroom, hanging over the toilet. They were clay shapes of a cat and a fish, I believe.
The best part about this bathroom though? It had two mirrored medicine cabinets. But they were on opposite walls. So doing your hair was easy in my bathroom growing up! It was SO easy to see the back of your hair with the two mirrors! Way cool!
Even with my "two mirrors" in the bathroom, I was always so jealous of my other friends! They all pretty much had their own bathroom, and one of my friends even had a 1/2 bath attached to her bedroom! So she REALLY had her own bathroom!
When I moved out on my own, I was so excited to get my own bathroom!
So now, why, with having two bathrooms in our house, am I back to using the one that the kids use????
Who knows. Maybe it's because we haven't redecorated our bathroom yet and I like the ambience of the front bathroom? (Lord knows I've argued enough about the color with hubby! I LOVE the color, he thinks he's in an episode of Miami Vice) Could be. Maybe once we redo the back bathroom (ours), I'll want to spend more time in it.
Here's the "Miami Vice" bathroom. (Which I don't think it looks like, I like the way my friend called it, "Zen-like")
Maybe I just enjoy the company in the morning though.

No comments:
Post a Comment