I have this thing about coolers or ice chests, whichever name you like to call them.
I love them. I love having different sizes of them. Because hey, lets face it, sometimes you don't always need a huge one. Or you need one on wheels. Or you want one that has a separate door to open so you don't have to open up the whole thing. Or you want one that has a place to set your drinks on.
We have 3 big ones, one of them that has wheels to pull (although hubby says we already have one that has wheels in the garage but I couldn't find that one when I went looking yesterday and I'm not about to tear apart his garage looking for it)
Then I have 3 smaller ones that are all soft sided. One almost looks like a suitcase because of the way it rolls. It comes in VERY handy when having to bring snacks to softball or soccer games, or bringing my macaroni salad to family get togethers. The next one is more square and is meant to be taken to the beach (at least that's what I use it for, you can carry it) It works nicely for sandwiches and drinks. Then I have one to take on trips with us in the car. It has a separate compartment for cooled things and non-cooled things.
Down to the next size down in coolers. I have two hard sided ones and two soft sided ones. Hubby usually takes one of the hard sided ones when he goes fishing or flying his RC planes. The other one is basically only big enough for a small lunch. The soft sided ones I use for my lunches.
Now, why am I bringing up the subject of coolers you ask?
Well, my refrigerator took a dump yesterday and decided to quit working.
Thank goodness I'm an ice chest whore. I was able to fit the food that I really needed to keep for daily use in the coolers provided (well 2 of the largest coolers were unusable, but we'll talk about why another time.....) I have the big one outside (where it has been SOOO cold that things are staying very cold in there) and 3 of the smaller ones inside to keep milk, orange juice, butter, other juice, cheese, condiments, etc in there.
The Sears man came by today and fixed my refrigerator (turns out it needed a new relay to the compressor. They invented this thing so that if it overheats, the relay will burn out and not affect the compressor at all, saving hundreds of dollars. Good invention I tell you!) So now it's getting all nice and chilly in there again and tomorrow I can put the food I was able to save back in there. Unfortunately I did have to throw out a lot of food, especially the freezer part. :(
Hey, at least I got to clean out my refrigerator and make it all nice and pretty again and I got some good use of my coolers in the cold winter (hey, it's cold here right now.....)
That's me, the Ice Chest Whore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment