Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Rain, Rain....

....Go Away.....

I've never been one to care for rain. Oh, when it's been extremely hot for a long period of time, I don't mind the rain to cool things off. And I don't even mind the occasional rain here and there. A day's worth of rain? Sure, that's fine.

Two days? That's when it starts to get on my nerves some.

Three days? Forget about it!

And let me rephrase that, I don't care for rain when I have to go OUT in it. If I don't have to go anywhere? Doesn't bother me much at all.

I've NEVER liked driving in the rain. I remember the first time I did it and my mom was in the car. I slammed on the brakes (obviously not a good thing to do in the rain) and locked them and was swerving here and there. So my first experience driving in the rain? Certainly not a good one!

I don't like that your feet get wet, or the bottoms of your pants, or sometimes your sleeves too (I always carry an umbrella in the car, although I need to get a newer, better, larger one).

That's why I could never live in Washington. I know it's beautiful up there, but it just rains too much! We probably could have easily moved up there via the Navy, but I couldn't do it. Those people who get depressed living up there? That would be me. I need the sun. I'm not a sun worshipper by any means, but it does brighten up my mood. I have friends who live in Washington and they love it up there. I'm not knocking Washington by ANY means. It's just not for me.

We lived in Tennessee for about 8 months and talk about rain there too! Geez!!

I guess I just don't like living in places where it rains a lot. But that's just me, and to each his own.

I like where I live just fine now, thank you.

No comments: