Growing up we always had to have a real Christmas tree at our house. We LOVED the smell of it. But did we have to put it up, put the lights around it, and take it down and lug it out to the trash afterwards? No, I never remember doing that. Okay, maybe I put the lights around it, because apparently I'm pretty good at it.
Every year though, I always looked forward to going over to my Grandma and Grandpa's house on the weekend in December so I could put together their fake Christmas tree. It was like a puzzle to me. And it wasn't just putting it together, it was putting the ornaments on the tree, the same ornaments we saw year after year.
I now actually have some of those ornaments. They are so unique and I always loved them when I put them on my Grandma's tree. I also have my favorite ornaments that were on my mom's tree. And the ones that I made her. Like the macaroni one that's spray painted with gold.
We are now in the process of looking for a fake tree. I know, I know, I always said I would never have a fake tree in my house, but damn, it does get hard getting that real one in, keeping it watered, etc. Although.....I don't know...........I do LOVE the real ones too. I'm so confused!! I guess part of me is worried that the cat and dog are going to destroy it while I'm at work one day. Hmmm......what to do.....what to do..........I LOVE traditions, but I also like the convenience of getting a prelit tree too. I did go buy a real wreath though today at Costco. So at least I DO have the smell in the house......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment