Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Whatever....

Okay, my hectic Tuesday decided to not rear it's ugly head on Tuesday. Instead it decided to delay it's appearance until today, Wednesday.

Well, partly it's my fault too.

I'm not saying I'm to blame, but I decided to add another ingredient to the mix.

I needed to take pictures at eldest's school of the dance troupe for the yearbook.

Since I would be at the school later, and I couldn't leave Burbank alone at home for over 8 hours (I just don't like doing that. I mean sure, I'm sure the dog could hold his pee for 9 hours if he really had to, but I don't want to do that to him), I came home after picking up the youngest at preschool to let him out to pee and offer him some "token" people time with us.

Then I went back to work with the youngest, bribed her with a slurpee so I could be in a meeting (which incidentally she ended up sitting in it with me), and rushed out of there at 3:30 so I could get to the eldest's school to take pictures.

Once I was done with that, it was off to Wal-Mart for some ::::ahem::::: personal "women" things I needed (yea, and as soon as we went by that aisle, my eldest and her friend decided they need to go look at the fish instead).

Oh, and then since I was getting dog treats for the dog (I SO spoil him with dog treats! I just love buying them! Hubby once saw us giving him his daily treats and he was like, "Damn, how many treats do you GIVE him??" Yea, it's a lot. But to be fair, he IS a big German Shepard) we were right by the toy aisles and of course, if you're by a toy aisle and you have kids, it's like a magnet where they HAVE to go over there.

Now my youngest is totally into Strawberry Shortcake (okay, I admit it, I like smelling the dolls, especially Tea Blossom, she smells like Grape) and we saw one of the dolls she wanted. But I just can't give in and give them every toy they want, so I said, "Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring it to you in your basket". In the meantime, I'm thinking, "Damn, they only have ONE of those dolls, I sure hope it's there when I need to come back and get it to put it in her Easter Basket for the Easter Bunny!" Maybe I can have my friend pick it up for me tomorrow and I'll pay her back.

So after some kicking and screaming our way out of the toy aisle (at this point I don't even CARE if people are looking at us while she's having her fit, it's just too damn exhausting to worry about that), we headed on towards the exit.

The checkout.......

Whoever invented putting all those little gadgets or candy at the checkout aisle is probably a billionaire right now. Because that's all the kids see. The parents? They're looking to see which checkout line is the shortest so they can get the hell out of there, and to hurry things along and avoid another kicking and screaming episode, we say, "Only ONE thing! And hurry up!"

Yea, so by the time the cashier has scanned all your items (some of which mysteriously appear in the cart without YOU putting them there), you've had to pay another $3 or so for those "checkout items" as well.

Whatever.

Here's my money, just take it and let me get the hell out of here.

No comments: