Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Love Thursday - Friends Forever

I first met her in the backyard of a neighbor's house.

We were 10 years old and we hit it off immediately.

We lived 9 houses apart, growing up.

She shared her Barbie Dream House with me when I didn't get one.

She went camping with me in the summer with my family, and silly us, we read The Amityville Horror together up there.

We were always spending the night at each other's houses, although I liked spending the night at her house, as she had her own room.

I called her from my Aunt's wedding reception when we were 14 to let her know that John Stamos was there with the band, and I got to meet him.

We both LOVED the movie Times Square and Roller Boogie, two opposite ends of the spectrum, in my opinion.

We went to see Def Leppard together the night before the first day of high school.

We both had other friends that we hung out with, but still stayed friends.

We beat just about all the boys playing pool at her house (well, she was better than I, but then the pool table WAS at her house) when she had parties.

We were roommates for about a year.

She was my maid of honor at my wedding and I flew to a different state to go to her wedding.

We've shared secrets.

She was there for me when my mom died and my panic attacks last year.

I'll always be there for her, whenever she needs me.

Friends for almost 29 years, and even though we don't see each other that often, we still keep in touch, thanks to emails, blogs, and the phone.


One of my best friends, forever and ever.

6 comments:

Waspgoddess said...

What a lovely tribute.

bonggamom said...

You are lucky to have such a true friend. Wait, maybe it isn't due to luck, because you are also a great friend, and sustaining a friendship like yours must take love and effort! Congratulations on having and being a great friend.

PastormacsAnn said...

How wonderful that your friendship has withstood the test of time.

What a treasure you have in each other.

Happy LT

Stacy said...

Hey, I got blogger to work for me finally! I feel so honored to have a whole post dedicated to me. I love you too, sweetie!

Stacy said...

It would seem in your wedding photo that I was definitely channeling both Brenda Walsh and Kelly Taylor via Beverly Hills 90210 fame back then! You look GORGEOUS, however!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Beautiful! Forever friends are the best!