This past Saturday afternoon, hubby, children and I were driving to Burbank to see our family. Now, I've driven this drive too many times to count. And I have NEVER taken the wrong freeway.
Until Saturday.
I was in a zone driving, traffic, like there always is and all of the sudden, I'm looking around and it certainly doesn't look very familiar to me at all. I'm like, "Where am I?"
I found myself on the 101, instead of staying on the 5.
Sure, I could have turned around and gotten back on the 5, but since I grew up in Los Angeles, I knew that the 101 would take me to an exit to get to Burbank.
Plus my eldest got the chance to see the infamous "HOLLYWOOD" sign. Something that I, myself, had not seen in years. She was so excited to see it! It's funny how growing up around things like that, you just take it for granted and it's not that exciting.
We drove past the exit signs for Melrose and Sunset.
I've actually only been to Melrose once in my life. It was fun though, perusing down the street looking at all the shops.
Now, Sunset?
Yea, been there.
The Whisky-A-Go-Go, The Roxy, Gazarri's.
What a time in my life! Going down to Hollywood was fun, that's for sure!
When I think back of all the good times I had at that time in my life with my friends, I smile.
I do wish, at times, that my girls get to experience that type of experience too, but then the "mom" in me takes over and says, "NO WAY!" I mean, I want them to experience life, but I do know that it's not always fun. There are things out there that I wish they would never have to see. I just hope that I can raise them well enough so that if they do come across things, they will know how to handle it.
Hollywood. Whether you lived it in the 60's the 80's, 90's or even today, everyone has their own story to tell and remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment