Monday, February 05, 2007

Memories Monday - Superbowl Sunday

Ahhhhh.....Superbowl Sunday......

Did I watch the game yesterday? Nope!

Do I ever watch the Superbowl? Rarely...

Do I like football? Actually, yes I do.

I liked going to the high school football games in high school. To even watch the game too!

I LOVE the TV show Friday Night Lights! I especially love Kyle Chandler!! I have loved him since he was in the TV show Homefront, back in 1991.

Okay, back to the Superbowl Sunday.

Back before we had children, I did remember watching the Superbowl on occasion. We would watch it with friends.

And even before we were married, I would go to the "Superbowl Parties" that would be going on, mostly just to hang out with friends.

There was one Superbowl Party, in particular, that will always stand out for me. It was 15 years ago, 1992.

I went to someone's house (I can't even remember whose house it was) and met up with friends over there. I had a nice time, but I was thinking about hubby (who wasn't there and wasn't hubby at the time, just someone who I truly thought I was going to marry and be with for the rest of my life, but wasn't too sure he thought that at the time, as we were just on again, off again, here and there, etc..... you get the picture ....).

See, in the town I grew up, it was a Gossip Mill. Everyone talked about everyone. Things were said. Rumors were started, you get the gist.

So I was talking to one of our mutual friends, Tracy, and I was telling her how I was unsure if I wanted to keep my interest in future hubby. That I wanted to, but I wasn't sure if I should, etc....

She told me something that I'll never forget. She told me to screw listening to everyone else. She told me to go with MY gut feeling. To believe in my feelings. If this was something that I wanted and I think would happen, then to go for it. It was MY life and I should do what I wanted. What I believed in. And Tracy was more of a friend to hubby than she was to me, so I was thinking that if she was saying this to me, about how I felt about a friend of hers, then she probably knew what she was talking about. Maybe she saw something there that I had thought I had seen too.

So I persevered. I decided to continue feeling what I was feeling. And just when I thought I was about to give up again? The man told me he loved me. And then proposed a week after he told me he loved me.

It was just a matter of time.

I guess she was right, huh?

Thank goodness for that!!!

No comments: