I ran into a mom that I knew from eldest's old school this afternoon.
Can I just say that I do love living in the town I live in? I'm always running into people I know somewhere. I like it. Now the town isn't THAT small, mind you. Or maybe it's just because the eldest has been in different activities, that I've gotten to know more parents, that way.
ANYWAY...........
So we were talking about our hectic lives and I brought up the fact that I'm doing the yearbook for eldest's school. And it is a task. Especially since I wasn't able to even start it until January of this year and the deadline is the beginning of April! Yikes! So I'm trying to scramble and get as many pictures from people as I can, while bringing my camera to school to get as many pictures as I can as well. The good thing about this yearbook? It's all being done online! The bad thing about it being online? Not all the pictures I get from people are digital, which means I have to scan them in and upload them, which can take some time. Plus I've had to learn the system.
Okay, I got off the main subject again........
She was saying to me, "Can you ever just say NO?"
And while it may seem that I'm doing a lot right now, the only thing I am doing at the school is yearbook, which is a very daunting task though. I haven't volunteered to do any other projects at the school. If someone does ask me to do something, if I can, I'll do it. If I can't, I say no.
So yes, I can say no.
I don't let people walk all over me, but I'm not a bitch either.
Well, let me take that back. I can be a bitch when I want to be. But traditionally, I'm not a bitch at my child's school. That wouldn't be conducive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment