Today was a pretty nice day today! For the most part, it was actually relaxing for me, which is something I felt I really haven't had in quite a while.
Last week was the first week of school, so major hectic going on there. Plus it was the first week that hubby went out to sea (he's home now for a week or so), so I was on my own, and it was the first week he was out to sea, that I didn't have my mom to call and take care of me (even if it was just hearing her voice, and having her listen to me ramble). Let's just say last week wasn't the best for me.
Today was nice. Actually, last night was nice too. I went over to my friend, Lynda's house where we gathered to have a going away party for our friend, Nancy, who is moving across country. :( We all used to get together and scrapbook a lot, and now it's not so much, but when we do get together we have a blast. It's my "getaway time", where I don't have to be a mom, I can cuss all I want and not have worry if my children heard me, it's just being with friends. Because let me tell you, everyone needs to have time away from their children. To not to have to take care of someone all the time, to rejuvenate, to preserve your sanity. Even when I get to be alone with hubby, that helps too, but we don't get to do that as often, but we need to make more time for it. We were going to have our "date" next month when we went to my reunion, but he'll be out to sea for that, so we can't have that. :( Having two kids, on a tight budget and not being able to go out just the two of us can suck. ::::::::::::::stupid gas prices and everything else raising their prices::::::::::::::::::::::::::
So anyway, back to today. Took the girls shopping with me in the morning, and for the most part they were pretty good. Then we went to Lynda's house to go swimming. LOVE, LOVE your pool Lynda!! That was SO nice and relaxing! Being out in the hot sun, but being in a pool to cool you off and to relax. That is what I needed. That is what I would LOVE to have here at our house! A pool. Damn, wouldn't that be nice? Well, maybe someday.
So I'm back at home, back to the grind, making dinner, then it's back to the old routine. Get the girls bathed, get lunches ready for tomorrow, get them to bed, maybe have an hour to myself, and then off to bed for me. And tomorrow, back to the reality of life............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment