Sigh.....
What an exhausting time these last 3 weeks have been.
Panic Attacks every day.....
Trying different meds here and there.......
Not fun.......
At least now I'm back on what I was on before the Panic/Anxiety Attacks happened. Back on the Buspar.
Just a higher dose.....
Psychiatrist says to stick with what my body has tolerated in the past......
Now just need to see a psychiatrist to monitor meds and a psychologist to monitor my psyche!
Actually I have seen a psychologist. Saw him on Thursday.
What an AMAZING amount of questions he asked. Some were so personal!! But, you know what? I'll answer them if they are going to help me get better and get over this.
A couple of people have asked if maybe this is a delayed reaction to my mom's death. I think it quite possibly could be.
Psychologist wants to make sure I don't lean towards agoraphobia more than I started to. He wants me to push through it, if I have a panic attack, don't freeze up. Go places. Push through it.
I got my first dose of that on Thursday after I saw him.
Had to pick up my daughter from school.
Hadn't picked her up in over a week when I think I had had a panic attack picking her up one day.
I literally cried on the phone to my friend and my boss driving around to make it to her school. How crazy is that? Those internal fears can just literally stop you in your tracks. Make you scared of something that is something you normally do every day! Scary shit, I tell you!
But I did it! I pushed through. I remembered things my doctor told me. It helped. Boy did it help.
I was given Ambien to help me sleep, but on Friday night when I was going to take it, I got so afraid that I was going to be so groggy the next day (drowsy medications seem to have a much deeper effect on me) that I decided not to take it. I don't want to be dependent on something to help me sleep. Another thing I need to push through.
I talked to my aunt yesterday and she was telling me how strong she always thought I was. Well, yea, when I have to be the strong one, I usually am. But maybe it was being too strong too much that made me not be able to. Maybe because my mom always was there for me that helped me to be strong. I don't know. I just started therapy, so I don't have all the answers and I don't want to analyze it too much right now.
One day at a time.
One step at a time.
That's what I need to focus on.
Keep moving.
Keep doing what I've normally done.
Don't sit and think and analyze my psyche. That's what the psychologist is there for. He can do it for me. He can tell me what's wrong. He can help me to fix it.
I've got my friends and family that I can talk to and lean on for support. It's my turn to get the support. And that's what I'm going to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment