A few friends of mine were talking to each other today, and we got on the subject of old boyfriends. (How, I can't even tell you because we'll be talking about something, and then sort of change the subject, but not really and then somehow we end up on something TOTALLY different!)
We have been friends since high school and so I will tell you that just about EVERYTHING gets talked about at one point or another during our conversations. It's amazing some of the topics that come up, everything from decorating tips to premature ejaculation (oh, not any of our men NOW, previous guy, thank goodness for that person now! LOL!!)
They all have had guys from their past come back to them, either wanting to reconnect, just say hi or "stalk". Damn, I felt left out of that conversation, because that's NEVER happened to me! I mean, I guess I should be happy about that, I don't ever have any "blast from the past" coming back into my life when I don't want it, but then geez, was I THAT unimportant to all of them? Was I not that appealing? Did I scare the hell out of them? Hmmmmmm.......kind of makes me wonder.....
Of course hubby is sure mighty happy that that never HAS happened with me, because then he'd have to beat someone up, just because they were associated with me before him. Yes, yes, he does know I had a life before him, but to him, it just doesn't exist anymore. At least when it comes to the male population.
Escrow.............Escrow closed on my mom's house today. It's official. After 56 years of that house being in our family, it's now no longer a part of our life. I am hoping that when I go up there to visit family, that the new owners will let me see what they've done with the place.
Sanity............I think I am finally getting "ME" back. Today was a really good day. Switched meds last night and so I slept better, woke up NOT feeling stoned, was able to exercise, I'm coming back! Had to deal with a little anxiety today at one point, but I did really good with it. I'm even really thinking about going up to San Francisco next month to meet hubby in port! Now, if you know me, that's something I don't do. My excuse is always "We can't afford it", "We need to watch our money" "The girls are in school", etc.........
Well, since we closed escrow on the house and we will have the money for us to go up and meet him, I want to do it. I KNOW my mom would say, "GO! Go enjoy yourself! You deserve it!" So that's what I want to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment