Okay, first of all let me start by saying that going to the gym and working out on the first day of your period SUCKS! It makes you feel like you've never worked out before! At least it did for me today.....
It was one of those days where I just wanted to stop the machine, get the hell out of there, go home and lay in bed.
But I didn't.......yes, I was a good girl and finished my workout, although I was certainly counting down the minutes I had left, or how many I had done.......
Into minute 10.....Damn, do I really want to do this today? Oh, my stomach's not feeling so hot, maybe I should stop.....
No Doubt comes on the mp3 player.....Okay, I'll get through this song and then see what happens...
A few more songs come on, I'm busy thinking about my sister, Heidi, who recently called, and thinking about the house that we're selling...Wow, we actually got an offer on the house, but it's a sucky offer. Hopefully they'll take our counterbid, either that or someone else will come along soon and make a better offer.
Now I'm 1/2 way through the workout...Wow, I made it 1/2 way and I'm still breathing okay, I guess it's not THAT bad, let's see what it's like at 30 minutes, I've already done 2 miles...
Okay, now a few sucky songs (I guess I can't call them sucky, after all I DID put them on my mp3 player, didn't I?), or should I rephrase that, some songs come on that just don't fit the "mood" for exercising.
::::::::::::off track for a second:::::::::::::::::
A friend of mine was saying how certain foods can evoke memories of things, or people. Well, I think that's DEFINITELY true of songs as well. So many different memories come to mind when so many different songs come on. Whenever I hear "Saturday In the Park" by Chicago, it brings me back to hearing that at a Motocross event that my mom took me to, when I was MAYBE 5 years old. That is the oldest memory I have regarding a song. There are way too many more to even start writing about
:::::::::::::okay, back to the gym::::::::::::::::
Which makes me think....Um, why don't I just change the setting to just play a band that I like a lot of songs to work out to? Damn, I don't want to do that now, let's just see what comes next. Linkin Park, okay, cool, that's a good song to keep going on this machine...
You know, it's amazing the things that just go through your mind, when you're trying to finish your workout, and there's nothing on the TV's there, that you want to watch....Damn, if I was able to get here an hour earlier, I could have been watching Oprah. Now that's always riveting and keeps my mind of working out. It makes the time go by faster.
36 minutes into the workout....Woohoo, I'm getting there! I can finish this! What's next coming on? Danzig? Uh, no, heard that "Mother" song way too many times, I'm bored with it. Next! Usher....Okay, I can deal with this one.
I can't even remember what the last songs that were on that I was listening to, I just remember that I got down to the "cool down" period.....Yea! Only FIVE more minutes left!
I finally finish, thank goodness, and get off the darn machine (I shouldn't call it that, I really DO like working out on it most of the time), and go clean it off, like a good workout person does, grab my stuff and head down the stairs. I go down the first stair and what happens? My stupid ass left knee starts giving out....WHAT??!! Okay, shit, come on body, I just gave you a good workout, working out the cardio for 50 minutes and my knee doesn't want to cooperate? Damn.....
So I do a sort of hop quickly on that leg when I use it down the stairs and make it look like I'm just trying to get down quicker. Once I'm on level ground, it starts working properly again. Guess my knee just didn't like the stairs today....
To my car I go, and off to home I go to shower and eat dinner with my family. See you next week YMCA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment