Both my girls start school next week. Yes, both of them. One will be in sixth grade, and my little one will be starting preschool, going 3 days a week. I'm so excited, yet, I know I'm going to be busy too!
My little one will still come to work with me about 1 1/2 days during the week, but that's now about 1/2 of what she used to do. Don't get me wrong, I actually DO love having her come to work with me. She has since day one. My boss bought me one of those Happy Camper bed things, so I could have a crib in my office for her. He had originally made the suggestion back when I was pregnant with my first child, but we were leaving the state not too long after she was born, so I had to quit then. But thankfully, I was able to come back to work for him once we came back here. So when I got pregnant with my little one, I told him I was taking him up on his offer he made those years back.
So anyway, I will have one morning to myself, which is something I'll desperately need. My husband is in the Navy and will be shipping out soon. He'll be doing short little trips for now, but next year is the six monther. Sigh........ I really, really don't like them at all. I miss him. The girls will miss him. BUT, it's something we deal with. We just do. I married a Navy man. I married a Navy CAREER man. It's something that's been a part of my life for over 14 years now. And that day when we see him come off the ship and run and hug is SUCH a wonderful day!! Here's a picture of my oldest hugging him when he came off the ship a few years ago....

It just brought tears to my eyes when she ran up to him!!
I'll be mostly a single parent for a while now. So you can see why I'd be excited! While I love my children dearly, having them in school DEFINITELY helps me!
Then we'll also have soccer practice, games on Saturdays, school functions, etc........
Okay, maybe Summer Vacation isn't so bad.......
I have this friend who homeschools her 5 children. Yes, you heard me right, FIVE children. Her husband USED to be in the Navy and so there were times she had to do it alone too, with FIVE children. She has amazing strength, faith and endurance to do that by herself. Oh, I know she has a circle of friends and family too, but still she did the single parent thing for quite a while by herself. She's definitely someone I admire who can do that, and still be sane!
So I guess it's time to dust off that "Ubermom" hat and start wearing it again, and get back in the groove..........
Well, at least not for a couple more days............

No comments:
Post a Comment