My youngest always seems to ask the question of all questions. She constantly asks about things. Now, my oldest did too, but either she let me think about it for a minute, or the questions were easy to answer. Not my youngest......
This morning.......
"Mama, why are is the fish smiling at me?"
"Because he's happy to see you!"
"Why is he happy to see me?"
"Because he loves you!"
Okay, that wasn't so hard. But these questions just come out of the blue and she wants an answer ASAP! If I don't answer within the first 5, or 2 seconds, she's asking you again, and again, and again.....
So here is when I was quick with my wit......
About a year and a half ago ( I think), she was watching the signal lights on the street. So she asked what the Red, Yellow and Green lights mean. No problem! Those were easy to answer!! Then she started coming up with other colors. Here's where I had to get creative.......
"What does a pink light mean?"
"Be a Princess"
"What does a blue light mean?"
"Be Happy"
"What does an orange light mean?"
"Be a clown"
"What does a purple light mean?"
"Go crazy!"
What does a brown light mean?"
............
...............
..............
(okay, trying to come up with something neat, but, alas, the first thing that comes to my mind............)
...........................
..............................
......................"Go poop"
Yea, and I'll bet you'll never guess which light makes her laugh the most when she asks what that light means..............
Yea, the "go poop" brown light.....
So I'm not ALWAYS quick with the wit, but at least I'm creative sometimes....................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment