Geez, you think I had a newborn again, with as sleep deprived as I've been the last week. It seems like every other night, I'm getting no sleep. On Wednesday of last week, the youngest took a VERY long nap during the day, and by 12:30 that night, she still wasn't asleep. So I was extremely tired then. Then on Friday night, I went out, and got home at a decent time, 11:30, was in bed by midnight and the youngest (who fell asleep in our bed and stayed there the entire night) proceeded to keep kicking the covers off of her, and then pulling them back on her for at least two hours. So I was dog tired on Saturday. At least I got to take a little nap on Saturday.
Then comes last night. She crawls in bed with us in the middle of the night, which is fine by me, I don't mind, but then she did the kicking covers off again, along with grinding her teeth, after hubby's alarm went off at 4:00 a.m. (which he had forgotten to NOT set so early) and thus, a lack of sleep again.
I can't stand it when I don't get enough sleep. I need at least 7 hours of sleep a night, preferably 8 or even 9, but 9 is VERY rare indeed. I just can't function when I don't get enough sleep. I feel like a total sloth and feel like my whole day is wasted because I just don't have the energy to do anything, and it sucks because I just have absolutely no energy to exercise either and I love to exercise in the morning, it gets me moving for the rest of the day. (You know, and that's just not good for my "ubermom" status LOL!!)
I've always been this way though. Even before I got married and had kids, if I went out the night before and didn't get at least 7 hours of sleep, I called in sick to work. I'm not kidding! My body just can't function, it's just the way it is.
When the youngest was a baby, I was SOOOOO sleep deprived, that at one point I laid my head in my husband's lap and started crying because I was so tired.
Another thing that drains me? Whining!! Constant whining totally drains any energy I have in me. I'm telling you, they should tape kids whining all day long and put that in the enemy's camp, they'll surrender in no time!
On a good note, the youngest finally seems to be potty trained, yea!!! She gets to go in the 3 year old preschool class starting tomorrow. I'm so excited for her, but also nervous as well. Sometimes she'll hold it until the last minute and then have an accident, and I'm worried that that will happen at preschool. I was going to go look at furniture tomorrow, but I think I might stay a little closer to home, just in case I get a call that she's had an accident. I hope not.
I just hope I get more sleep tonight...........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment