Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm Outtie...

Okay, apparently, somewhere between six months ago and today, I became "the mom who just doesn't KNOW fashion". My eldest, will come whining out here, saying she needs help finding something to where. So we go in her closet, which is jam packed full of clothes (a HELL of a lot more clothes than I had growing up) and try and pick something out.

So I offer suggestions. "Oh geez Mom, that SOOO does NOT go together!" She tells me.

Hello?!?!?! I picked out most of the friggin clothes in that closet, I think I KNOW what goes together! Pulease! Plus I've been scrapbooking for 7 years now, I think I happen to know patterns that go together........

So we try another outfit. Nope! That SOOOOO does NOT go together either!

And yet another top or pants.

"Oh mom, you just don't KNOW today's fashions!" I hear.

HUH?????

Since when did I become THAT mom??

I happen to think I have a pretty decent sense of fashion. Sure I may not wear those kinds of clothes, but I've sure seen them on people and I know what looks good together. Plus, 1/2 of the kinds of clothes she wears nowadays, I used to wear at some point in my life (because as we all know, the trends keep coming back in just "slightly different" ways) For one thing, I don't wear the "shrug" tops where it ties together and is more like a 1/2 or 1/4 jacket or sweater, because I have BIG boobs and it would look just plain silly or slutty. Oh, and while we're on the subject of clothes for me, it pisses me off that some of the cutest clothes that are out there right now (the tops that are basically slips), I can't wear, because I would show a tremendous amount of cleavage, and hello, I'm married with children, I don't need to be showing it off. Plus I never liked showing that much cleavage anyway. I like people to look at my face, not my chest.

Okay, back to the kid......

I finally pick something out that looks good :::::::::::::the angels are singing right now:::::::::::::, and of course I taunt her with it. "See, I DID find something good! You KNOW that looks good, don't you?! Now, make sure you don't smile, because you know I'll see it!" LOL!!! Geez, I sound like a kid, don't I!

So what does she do? She goes into her drawer and brings out another top to see if it would look better than the top I picked out!

I give up.........

I'm outtie......... (which is something my eldest has said on occasion, meaning, I'm outta here...)

P.S. She did end up choosing the shirt that I picked out in the first place (it's one of those bohemian tops that I ::::::clearing throat::::::::: picked out for her for school pictures that she loved.....)

No comments: