Thursday, January 19, 2006

Because I did!!

Well, I had this other entry I had typed to put in here, but apparently I pushed the wrong button and lost the whole damn thing. So I'll just sum it up. Got no sleep because a duraflame log lasted too long and wouldn't go out without drenching the damn thing. Can't function on no sleep, become Mr. Hyde. Get enough sleep, I'm Dr. Jekyll. Yada yada yada.......... (really, I thought it was a good post, but apparently the computer didn't and erased it for me.......

So onto the phrase, "Because I did!" This is my youngest's absolutely, ultimate, without a doubt, favorite phrase.

We ask, "Why did you hit your sister?" She replies, "Because I did!"

"Why did you color on the couch?" "Because I did!"

"Why did you put the whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet?" "Because I did!" Hey, at least she's honest and admits she does it!

We always joke that later on in life she'll do something horrendous and when they ask her why she did it, she'll say, "Because I did!"

Hubby always sucks himself into that "Because I did!" black hole. He asks the question to her and then when she says her catch phrase, he'll keep pulling himself deeper and deeper in and asks her why she says that and of course, her retort? "Because I did!" Sigh........

I admit, I get sucked into it too at times and I almost always laugh after she says it. At least I have found a way around it and I'll ask her if she did it (and she'll always admit to it), then I'll ask her if that was a bad thing to do (and she'll usually say yes it was), and then I'll ask her if she's going to do it again (She SAYS no, but hey, she's a 3 year old......they're going to do it again.....). But every once in a while, I'll slip up and ask "WHY did you do it?" Her answer?

"Because I DID!" LOL!!!!

Damn, I love her..... Never a dull moment around here, I'll tell you that!!! :D

No comments: