Tuesday, January 24, 2006

100 things about me

I saw this on another blog and thought I'd do it too. :)

1. I’m a Mom.

2. I love disco music.

3. Growing up, I actually liked liver.

4. I love to scrapbook.

5. I used to be able to draw pretty good (haven’t sat down to try it in a long while)

6. Before I got married, I used to go down to the Venice Boardwalk and go
rollerskating by myself.

7. I met my husband at a party and we made out that night.

8. I love hard rock/heavy metal music.

9. I always knew I wanted to be a mom.

10. I love Basin Robbins Hot Fudge Sundaes.

11. I love the color pink.

12. When I was in 5th/6th Grade, I used to LOVE Unicorns.

13. I worry about money a lot.

14. I LOVE shopping at Target.

15. Sometimes I get carried away at Target.

16. I recently lost 30 pounds.

17. I love shopping for clothes now, and like to wear low-rise pants (not too low rise
though, I still like wearing underwear)

18. I can’t stand to wear thong underwear.

19. I have high blood pressure (it’s controlled though)

20. I suffer from anxiety and take medication for it.

21. I used to have very low self esteem.

22. I still worry about what other people think, although certainly not as much anymore.

23. I love watching hockey games.

24. I used to collect hockey trading cards and still have my collection.

25. I have a decent sized collection of the old Little People.

26. I have a few old Barbies.

27. I seem to have an obsession with collecting things, right now it just seems to be
scrapbooking supplies.

28. I love Gone With The Wind, and have read the book many times and seen the movie
many times.

29. I love music from the 50’s & 60’s.

30. I can’t stand bugs.

31. I always envied my sisters’ beauty.

32. I still envy my youngest sister’s good looks and her sense of charm.

33. I have 5 sisters.

34. I had a brother, but he died of cancer in 1992.

35. I love genealogy.

36. I can be a REAL BITCH.

37. If someone screws me over, it takes me a VERY long time to get over it, if I even do.

38. I love the movie, Gidget, and especially love the TV show Gidget with Sally Field.

39. I love the movie Steel Magnolias.

40. I watched it for the first time when I was down visiting my husband (then boyfriend)
for the weekend and he was on duty while I was waiting for him in the hotel room.

41. I love my husband with all my heart.

42. I love the song, My Sharona, by the Knack.

43. I don’t hesitate to dance around when I hear that song, even in the car.

44. I sing along to the songs in the car.

45. I’ll drown or crush ants to death if I see them in my house.

46. I can be very emotional.

47. I breastfed each of my girls for 18 months each.

48. I would have breastfed my eldest longer, if I wasn’t “encouraged” to stop.

49. I’m surprised I lasted as long as I did with the 2nd one, as she tended to “nip” quite
often.

50. I love sentimental things.

51. I don’t like the Grateful Dead.

52. I married a man who LOVES the Grateful Dead.

53. I can be VERY stubborn.

54. I’m not that afraid of heights.

55. I can go up on a roof, no problem.

56. I love roller coasters.

57. As much as I love my husband and my children, there are times when I just need
some “me/alone” time.

58. I didn’t get my own bedroom until I moved out on my own.

59. Growing up, I shared a bedroom with my two sisters.

60. I used to sleep on the top bunk of a bunkbed.

61. I loved my bunkbed with my own “closet”.

62. I love 80’s music.

63. I don’t like cleaning my house.

64. I love gardening, but hate weeding.

65. Eventually, I want to get a Jeep Wrangler.

66. I love wearing dresses, but rarely wear them.

67. I also love wearing high heels but they hurt my feet and rarely wear them either.

68. I love wearing all black.

69. I used to wear mini skirts and midriff showing tops.

70. I’m a pretty good mom and love my children with all my heart.

71. I love to bake.

72. I don’t mind cooking, but would rather have someone else do it.

73. I believe in God.

74. Sometimes I think I should go to church, but I just can’t stand listening to a sermon.

75. I love to sew.

76. I love to crochet.

77. I love to cross-stitch and needlepoint.

78. Other than sewing recently, I haven’t cross-stitched, crocheted or did needlepoint in
quite a few years.

79. I used to slouch a lot when I was younger, because in 4th grade when I was starting
to develop, a boy made fun of me because I was wearing a shirt that said “Squirt”.

80. I was worried that I’d have to kiss a boy who asked me to be his girlfriend in 5th
grade.

81. I never did go out with him.

82. He ended up going out with a girl who did kiss.

83. I’m a Navy wife.

84. 4 months after my husband proposed to me, we were married.

85. No, I wasn’t pregnant.

86. I had a miscarriage before I had my first child.

87. It was one of the most heart wrenching things I had to go through.

88. I wish I could be a full-time stay at home mom.

89. I bring my youngest to work with me every time I go to work.

90. Even though it will be nice when she’s in kindergarten in a couple of years, I will miss
having her with me at work.

91. I don’t like a lot of rain.

92. I like perfect mid 70’s weather.

93. I like getting tan, even though it’s not good for you and I don’t get THAT tan.

94. I like being barefoot.

95. I don’t care to swim in the ocean that much.

96. I have to take a shower every morning.

97. I don’t care for rap music all that much.

98. I can get embarrassed easily sometimes.

99. I love being married with children.

100. I love to take pictures.

No comments: