Monday, January 16, 2006

My Friends.......

On Friday night I got together with a bunch of my friends to do a gift exchange (yea, we're a little late, but at least it wasn't during all the hustle and bustle of Christmas), and then we all went out for a bite to eat. We had SOOOOO much fun talking and laughing and such! I just dig all my friends you know? I'm so blessed to have them, as well as all my other friends.

One friend of mine was saying how I have my "category" friends (and not in a bad way). I guess that's true in some respect, and it's not a bad thing. I think everyone has friends in certain areas of their life.

I have friends that I've known since high school, my scrapbooking friends, my email friends, friends from having our husbands all be in the military at one point, family friends, and friends from my daughter's school. I feel SOOOO blessed to know all these people and have them in my life.

I remember growing up and not having such a wide variety of friends. I had more of a variety in high school versus grade and middle school, but nothing like this. I truly enjoy being able to associate with such a wide variety of people. And even within each group of friends, they are all diverse as well!

Not everyone likes the same music, or has the same taste in different things, but we all have a common interest, and we all respect the fact that we are not all alike, and accept that. That, I think is an amazing thing in today's world. We have come SOOOOO far in society in acceptance, but we still have a ways to go. I don't mean that we all have to be "Politically Correct" either. I like someone who will say how they feel, but also accept the way I feel as well, and not dislike me as a person for it.

One thing I think that a LOT of people in today's society need to work on is manners. I get so choked up when I see people do good for others, just because, you know?! But I certainly don't see that as often anymore. Too many people are in such a hurry to just even hold the door open, or watch where they're going. Hopefully we as moms will be able to have our children help to bring those manners and "niceness" back to each other.

No comments: