Thursday, January 12, 2006

Such A Nice Day With The Children....

Today was one of those days that makes me enjoy being a mom.

I helped in my youngest's preschool class today (She goes to a preschool through the parks and recreation department in my town - it's such a wonderful program, I think. Each session is 10 weeks and you HAVE to help out at 3 classes and go on all field trips. I love being able to get to know the kids and the parents too), and I so enjoyed being around all the kids! (Yes, I said that, I'm not crazy, I just finally got enough sleep!) I got to catch up with her teacher (she was the same teacher that my eldest had quite a few years ago), and get back in that "mom" mode.

What, you say? You mean I'm not always in a "mom" mode? No, boohoo. Work calls, the house calls, bills call, people call, etc..... Sometimes things get so hectic. I do love working, (it's just part-time and I get to bring my youngest with me), but I would love to be able to take a month off, and just be a complete stay-at-home mom and catch up on all that I need to do.

One thing I do love about after the holidays, is that you are so used to things being so hectic and having so much to do, that when January comes around, and things have settled down, you feel like you now have tons of time to get things done. Not that it always gets done, but at least you finally feel like you have down time.

Anyway, back to my nice day today. After I helped out at my youngest's preschool class with her, we went and got lunch and brought it to my eldest at her school, and sat and ate lunch with her and her friends. It was so nice and calming, and I got to enjoy watching my children.

Afterwards, the youngest and I came home for a while, before we had to go back and pick up the eldest from school. Then I came back home and made dinner for the family, gave the youngest a bath, and then she fell asleep sitting next to the oldest at the computer, allowing my husband and I to actually sit on the couch and watch some TV together. That's a rarity.

It is just so nice to sit here and be so calm and not worry about all the crap I've got to get done. Oh believe, me I do have a LOT of crap to get done, I'm just not worrying about it right now. I'm reflecting back on the nice day I had with my children.

No comments: