Okay, the day started out with me reading about Barbies. Now, I, personally love them! I so enjoyed playing with them when I was little. I never compared myself to them, they were plastic dolls after all, just a toy. The most envious I ever got, was when my friend got the Barbie Dream House for Christmas, and I didn't. But, being the good friend she is, she let me play with it too.
So, fast forward to this afternoon. A friend of mine dropped off my eldest child. After she left, I left the kids in my husband's capable hands to go off and do errands, mostly just dropping off items at the Salvation Army. Gotta get that write off in before year's end, ya know......
Anyway, so I'm in my Hyundai Santa Fe, driving down my street, and I get to the stop sign. There's a truck in front and to the right of me, turning right, while I want to turn left. I look over to the right to see if any cars are coming, and glanced at the guy in the truck. No big deal, I do it all the time. Then I noticed him looking at me with a little smile. Oh my goodness, I'm getting looked at! I'm actually getting looked at, complimentary! Okay, let me just say that this certainly hasn't happened in a long time, and let's face it, I'm with my children most of the time and what guy is going to look at a mom with two kids?! So yea, I tried to play cool and calm and then I just started grinning from ear to ear. I couldn't help myself. I was friggin' getting looked at!
So as soon as I get home, I go to hubby, "Guess what?! I got looked at! A guy actually looked at me!" LOL!! What a thing to tell your husband! He was so amused at it!
Now don't get me wrong, I get compliments from my husband and "looks" from him and I love that and it makes me feel so special, especially after 13 years of marriage. He truly makes me feel beautiful.
Okay, so you all think, big deal, whoopee, I got a look. But let me tell you, when you're a mom of two, have had an extra 30 pounds on you for 10 years or so (which are gone now), and a hectic life of shuttling kids around, doing dishes, cleaning house, balancing checkbooks, yada yada yada, it's nice to get a compliment out of the blue from a stranger. Yes, I know my life is so boring that a look from a decent looking guy is so exciting I have to write about it, but hey, that's my life and I love it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You deserve the looks hon.. YOU ARE A HOTTIE! LOL
HUGZ
Post a Comment