Sigh........
What a day.........
It started out great! I got to sleep in for a little bit and got up to do my pilates DVD I got for Christmas from my sister. Of course the pilates workout was amusing. I was able to do some of the moves, and then comes this one move, laying on my back and I'm supposed to put my legs over my head and the butt supposed to go too. Well, the mind said, "Yea, sure you can do it", but the butt? Hell no! I think it kind of just laughed at me as I was trying to get my body to go that way. Oh well, it WAS only the first time doing it after all.
So I get the kids up, breakfast made, showered and dressed, dressed the kids and we all piled into the car to go shopping, and use those wonderful gift cards we got for Christmas.
No problem, things are going good, the youngest needs to use the potty and tells me. Hey, potty training has come along pretty well, I never thought we'd get to this point. But wait, there's a glitch with this one, I think she's afraid to go poop, so she holds it in until she can't hold it anymore. And by holding it in, it makes her grumpy and cranky and wants to be held all the time.
Ahhh....the shopping continues....we go to Sears and the "butt-clenching-to-hold-it-in" child is getting crankier and starts crying and yelling very loudly. Now, before I had this one, I would think when I heard a child crying, "Geez, get some control on that child, what is wrong with them?" Now? Bwahahahahaha!!! I have total empathy! Sure, I used to get embarrassed when she would do it, but now, I'm just too damn tired to care, and I'm used to it. Of course I do try to calm her down and I get out of there as soon as I can, but I no longer just drop my stuff and run out of the store. I'm going to pay for my stuff first! I don't have time anymore to just try going shopping a gazillion times to get things I need.
So the shopping finally gets done, and yes, the butt clenching is still going on with the little one.
We get home and do our various things, yada yada yada. I start cleaning out the hall closet to reorganize it, and the youngest is crying, saying she needs to go to the bathroom. So we start the dance of going to the bathroom, to try and go poo. She'll sit down, go pee and then 1/2 second later, she's crying because the poo may be coming out and she's afraid. I truly think that's the only thing it could be, because she certainly never had a problem going in her diaper! I'm sitting there, holding my child while she's sitting on the toilet because she's crying about going poo! Other times I'll walk away and see if maybe she just needs "privacy", but then she'll scream my name like she's being tortured! So this dance goes off and on for probably about a 1/2 hour until FINALLY! :::::::::trumpets blowing::::::::::: She finally, literally, lets go! And what does she say? "See, it DIDN'T hurt! Now I get to have a slurpee because I went poo-poo in the toilet!" Sigh........
Is that the end of it? Nooooooo, because she's been holding it in for so long, we have to do this dance again and again for about another 1/2 hour.
Well, finally she was done and I got to finish cleaning out the closet.
Sigh.....now we get to go through this again next week.............
I love my children SO very much and I love being a mom and going through all this, and thank goodness I have a sense of humor over everything, otherwise I'd have gone running and screaming out of the house a LONG time ago! Of course I still go running out of the house at times when the husband gets home, but at least I'm not screaming and pulling my hair out. Sometimes moms, like kids, need some down time. Thank goodness for retail therapy............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment