Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It's that time of the year again.....

....when everyone goes through their house and declutters. I was reading my friend's blog on how she was cleaning and decluttering one of her rooms, and it made me realize that a lot of us do this right after Christmas. What is it, with it happening right after Christmas? Is it the fact that we take all of our Christmas decorations down, look at our rooms and realize, wow, it looks so nice too, without all that stuff everywhere? Is it because we get presents and have to find a place to put everything, so we start cleaning out closets? Is it the retail industry selling so many storage totes after Christmas that we feel we need to declutter and store? Who knows.......

I do know that I love doing it though. Today I put away all my Christmas decorations and even labeled the totes, according to decoration type (tree, mantle, shelf, kitchen, boxes & bags, etc.) It really made me feel like I accomplished something. Last year I had no desire to organize the Christmas decorations, I just wanted them down and away. I wanted to have nothing to do with Christmas then. I am glad to say that it was a pretty good Christmas this year though. It's been a year since mom passed away and while I still miss her terribly and my heart breaks when I think of her dying, I KNOW that she wanted her girls to continue loving Christmas like we always have in the past. That was her favorite holiday and she helped us to make it our favorite holiday too.

Okay, enough teary eyed stuff......back to the organization......

I have a mental list going of all that I want to do. I got some of my scrapbooking stuff stored away and organized. I just need to finish that and then work on the hall closet. I always have to clean that out about twice a year. I'm going to go through the games and puzzles and get rid of some more. I want to have room in there to store more toiletries and such. I went to Bath & Body Works the past two days and stocked up on bath gel and hand soap. Gotta love their deals!! I spent so many years buying the cheap stuff, to be on a budget, and now that we are able to make a little more, I am treating myself, damnit! I deserve it.

Tomorrow is a work day for me though, so it looks like I won't be getting too much organization done. Dropping one child off at a friend's on the way to work, picking that child and her friend up on the way back from work so they can spend time over my house playing with her new Christmas toys.

Speaking of toys....we got the family a Playstation 2 and I am having the most fun playing with the Dance Dance Revolution game we got for it!

Ta for now!

1 comment:

Spunky said...

I am so glad you guys had a good Christmas.. after last year's you deserved it! Big hugz hon... you know I am just up the street whenever you need me!