Ahhh...........I finally have a few moments to sit down and type here... This past month has been one of the busiest months I've had in such a long time!
Wanna-be UberMom, here, decided to be the room parent for my eldest's classroom. Which means I have to coordinate class parties, contact parents, etc. So, okay, that's fine, working on that. Oh wait, now I've got a preschooler, and that child has a Christmas/End of the Session Party as well. No big deal, make the cupcakes, okay, fine. Oh wait, need to get a gift for the preschool teacher. Crap. Okay, did that..... Now the eldest is doing a play for her colonies project. She doesn't have a dress to wear. Sooo.....what do I do? Run to Wal-Mart, pick out a pattern and material and make a dress for that, along with a hat and apron. Next, I open my big mouth and offer to make a hat and apron for my friend's child as well. Okay...... now MY child wants me to make pound cake for their play...... Well, I just added that to my "baking" day with the cupcakes.
Oh wait.....did I mention that it's December and I have to do Christmas shopping, Christmas cards, finish a stocking I started for my youngest, edit a DVD for a Christmas present, go to my husband's Christmas party AND mine? And on top of all that, work outside the home part-time? Oh yes, and then there's the house. Clean it? Naaaaawwwww, forget about that for the time being. Yes, there's my one flaw in trying to get to "UberMom" status. I don't like to clean and will put it off, if other things come up.
Now, it's 5 days before Christmas. I've got my packages mailed (yes, did it on the busiest mailing day of the year, December 19th), the Christmas/Holiday/Winter Parties are done at the children's schools. The Adult Christmas parties are done with, the DVD's are edited and mailed, all the plays and "non" Christmas cooking is done, and with the exception of a couple of stocking stuffers for the hubby, ALL my Christmas shopping is done. All I have to do now is wrap them, and make my Christmas goodies. Oh crap.........eldest child has an orthodontist appointment today, AND it happens to be right in the middle of the day, when I was going to go grocery shopping.....well, let's hope they will let me reschedule......yea! They let me reschedule! Oh crap, it's getting late, I need to wake up the children and cart them off to the grocery store!
Ta!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment