Saturday, December 24, 2005

It's Christmas Eve......

....and I am finally done with everything! I finished my youngest's stocking today and now it is hung on the mantle with everyone else's. My body finally said, "THAT'S ENOUGH!" and so I went a took a nap for a while. Definitely needed it!

Wow, I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow! I almost made it through this holiday without crying, thinking about my mom. Friday night when we were leaving hubby's parent's house, I started thinking about how much I missed her and started crying in the car on the way home. I do miss her so much! It is amazing though how fast a year has gone by though. And it is true, the pain does fade and not hurt so much and be so intense. I will always, always miss her, but I know she's up in heaven and she's watching over all of us.

Okay, my kiddos are getting ready for Santa. I just read them 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, and now my eldest is putting cookies and milk out for santa, and carrots outside for the reindeer. Don't you just LOVE Christmas!!!

I am so excited for tomorrow, to see their faces opening their presents. I will truly miss having so much family around, but I will love the fact that it's just the 4 of us, celebrating together.

Now, of course, neurotic person I am, I always think ahead. Hubby will go back to sea duty next year and the year after that, he will go out to sea for six months, and it's a good possibility that he might not be home for Christmas. I've had Christmases without him, but this will be the first time without him and my mom, so at this point, I am unsure as to what we are going to do on Christmas. Stay home, just me and the children, or go up with family? Okay, that's like over two years away from now, let's not think about that. I can't wait until Monday and I can hit the after-Christmas sales!!! Teehee! Gotta love shopping!!!!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!!!!!

No comments: