Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Baking Torch Has Been Passed Down....

My eldest asked if she could bake some chocolate chip cookies all by herself today.

She has helped me in the past, but has never used the mixer. But I thought, hey, why not?

So I allowed her. She's almost done with her cookies and she has done a fabulous job! She followed the recipe, used the mixer just fine and is even using the oven by herself too! Of course I am here to supervise, no way is she allowed to use it without me being here.

But I am SO proud of her!!! I have always loved baking, whether it's cookies or cakes. I'm so glad she likes doing it too!

So it looks like I won't be getting to bake cookies that often anymore! Not that I did it that much anyway, but I have a feeling that everytime I do need to make them, she'll want to. It's okay. I know my mom let me do it when I wanted to as well. :)

At least I got to make bread by myself today. :D

No comments: