Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Love Thursday, Back to the 1940's



This picture was taken circa 1940.

That's my great-grandpa Owen on the far left. My grandpa John is right next to him cracking up, and his two brothers are next to him, Ken and Newt.

I love this picture SO MUCH! Even though my grandpa Owen has, what looks like, a solemn look on his face, it's actually a "I'm a proud dad and look at my three handsome sons next to me". He LOVED his children SO incredibly much! And you can tell his three sons are having the time of their lives.

I'm still researching, by talking to family, as to why the picture was taken. Even if I don't find out, I still love it.

And what a better picture to represent the 1940's, eh? Four men in suits, hats and smoking cigars!

Nothing says love better than family being together enjoying themselves.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture! I wish my family had something like that as well.

Priceless.

http://everydaykay.blogspot.com/2006/10/love-thursday.html

Mine's up. Please do visit.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful picture! Makes you want to find out more about their lives and such.

Thanks for sharing.

Karen

Anonymous said...

That is an *awesome* picture! And how great is it that it belongs to you?

bozoette said...

That's EXCELLENT! I love the jaunty angles of their hats!

Lucy said...

Great photograph. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Love that picture--perfect family moment and snapshot of the times. Thanks for sharing the memory and Happy Love Thursday!

Tina said...

Kay..Thank you! Loved your blog!

Karen...Yes, I so wish I could go back in time and see what they were like!

Waya....Thanks for visiting my blog!

Natalee....Ahhh, I am very lucky that I have these pictures, thank you!

Bozoette....Thank you!

Lucy....Thank you for visiting!

cnedaria....Thank you for visiting too!

Stacie...I do want to have the picture framed! I need to take it somewhere though and see how big I can blow it up, since the original is barely a 3 x 5. :)