Monday, October 16, 2006

Memories of Me Monday

My youngest can talk a person's ear off if she knows them well enough. She will talk and talk and talk and talk. Which reminds me of something my grandma said to me once. She told me that I used to talk and talk like that when I was little. We would be shopping, or standing in line and I would just talk non-stop. Of course I don't remember that, since I was so little. But I do have "semi" proof of it. On my 1st grade report card, the teacher made a notation that I was very talkative in class. Not so much talkative as to interrupt class constantly, but very vocal in answering questions, asking questions, etc.

All of that changed though, when I got into 2nd grade. See, we moved and I had to go to a different school. New school, new people, new teacher.....I suddenly became shy.

And I think I was that way for a long time. Of course when I was around my friends, I wasn't shy at all. In fact, when we all started liking boys in junior high and high school, I would be the first one to go tell the boy that so and so liked them (ONLY if they asked me to do that).

In high school, I don't think I would consider myself shy, I mean I would talk to people and such, but when it came to talking to a boy I liked, forget about it! I would NOT make the first move. Even if he made the first move and talked to me, I still would have trouble making conversation at first.

It wasn't until I got out of high school and worked at Contempo Casuals (remember that store?), and I was the cashier, so I HAD to talk to the customers. I still was never Chatty Cathy, by any means, but it definitely helped me!

Also, when I moved out on my own with my friend, we had guy neighbors downstairs from us, and I became friends with them and being around guys more, helped me to talk to guys a lot more.

And so then came the night that I met my future husband. I certainly didn't know it at the time though. I actually initiated the conversation with him.

I've come a long way baby!

No comments: