I've always loved this holiday. I love seeing the girls all dressed up, but I also love seeing what others come up with as far as costumes go.
Me? I could never come up with that cool creative costume. I have a friend, Sue, who dressed up like a Sea Monkey with her husband (then boyfriend). My sister dressed up as a "Noid" (remember "Avoid the Noid" from Dominos WAY back when?) once. Those two have always come up with the most fun costumes.
This year may very well have been the last year my oldest dresses up to go trick-or-treating. Wow, I feel so old.......
She was a pirate last year and I told her I was not going to buy her a new costume this year, so we altered the costume she had from last year to make her a "Queen of Hearts" in a way.
My youngest wanted to be a skeleton. So I found this on on ebay. She was going to have her face done up too, but after we put the white makeup on her face, she got uncomfortable with it on, and plus her skin was a little sore and raw underneath her bottom lip (dry weather, licking your lips, you get the picture), so we took the makeup off.
We went trick-or-treating with good friends of ours in their neighborhood. Ours sucks. Hubby said he got like 5 trick-or-treaters all night. So sad.
The oldest got out the decorations a couple of weeks before Halloween. Here's our little Halloween "village".........
All the Halloween decorations are now put away and the few Thanksgiving ones that I have (and they were all my mom's because she loved decorations for EVERY season, so when we went through her stuff, I took some) are now up. That literally took all of about 5 minutes.

1 comment:
Cute costumes..........and cute decorations!
Post a Comment