Okay, so I'm at Michaels on Sunday, doing some craft shopping (actually I was buying frames, because I'm switching out all the frames I have) and so I go to my car and open up the door.
All of the sudden I'm having severe pain in my right hand and I'm like, "OWWWWW!!!" So I shook my hand because I think I felt something on it and this BIG BLACK THING gets shooken off my hand onto the seat on the inside of the car. I'm thinking, "HOLY SHIT, I just got bit by a Black Widow spider!" And then the thing flies off. Yikes!! No, I did not get bit by a spider, I got STUNG by a bee! (Oh yea, and I was screaming about it and there was a car next to me, but did they do anything? Oh, no....they just drove off!)
Okay, now for all of you out there who are saying, "Okay, big whoop, you got stung by a bee".......well, I'm 40 years old and this was the VERY FIRST TIME I have EVER gotten STUNG by a bee!!! So it's a little traumatic for me, give me some leeway here people.
So automatic reaction happens and I squeeze it and the little stinger that it had popped out. Whew! But of course that freaks me out too! So I start searching through my car for the first aid kits. Yes you read that correctly, KITS. Plural. I think I have like 2 or 3 in there. Hey, I just haven't gotten around to condensing them into one. And you'd think that with all the first aid kits I had in there there would be SOMETHING for insect stings. Was there? Oh no, of course not.
So I have this "cleansing wipe" where I got stung on the inside of my hand, and I'm getting ready to call hubby when I see that he's calling me. So I answer the phone and start going off on how I got stung, and then I had to remind him that I had NEVER been stung before. (hey people, I suffer from anxiety, so I'm freaking out a little, worrying that I'm allergic or something). And THEN I start cursing, dropping the F-bomb everywhere because I'm FORTY YEARS OLD and I've gone THIS long without being stung, WHY NOW? So not only am I in intense pain, but I'm pissed. I'm pissed that this stupid ass bee stung me and ruined my perfectly good record of never have been stung.
So since you're reading this, and I'm not dead, it's pretty safe to say that I'm not allergic to bee stings. Not that I want to go out and get stung ever again......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I feel for you my dear. Bee stings hurt like a SOB!!! In Virginia, I had one of those really big bumble bee ones get caught in my hair, fall into the back of my top and it was able to sting me three times in my back because it's stinker never went in all the way until the last one. All of this happened at work right after I had gotten there. So it wasn't like I could just take off my shirt or bra (one of them was under my bra strap). They REALLY do hurt VERY bad. I don't blame you at all for dropping the f-bomb and being upset. Plus hello--what RUDE car neighbors. Is it still swollen and sore?
Ouch Tina! I'm sure being stung by a bee was NOT one of the things you wanted to accomplish when you turned 40! Maybe it will be the only time....
It's still sore, and tender in the one area.
I certainly HOPE it's the only time I get stung!! :D
Thanks girls!
OMG, you freaked me out when I thought it was a spider! Ouch, hope it quit hurting!
Ouch!!! I am right there with you...41 years & no bee stings yet, KNOCK ON WOOD!! And, we even had that hive (x2)in our backyard, as you may recall. I don't blame you or your reaction. I would be freaking out, too & hope I never have to learn that bee sting feeling. I run like mad whenever a bee comes near me. Hope you are doing better. XOXO
Post a Comment