Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Chi-Chi's are good to go

I had a mammogram done last week. It was my very first one. Not the most comfortable thing, but certainly not THAT uncomfortable, at least for me.

Yesterday I got a call from Mammography saying that I needed to come in for an additional look. Uh-oh. My heart immediately started racing. Another look? Why? What do they see that they need to take an additional look?

Well, apparently for the bigger breasted gals, sometimes there is a lot of "density" there and they need to zoom in on it.

So this morning I went back down there. When I get in the room, I have to put the little cape on to "cover me up". While I'm waiting, I see my mammogram up on the light box from last week and they have a certain area highlighted. Uh-oh. Does this mean they found something suspicious? Immediately my heart starts racing again and I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack. But I calm myself down and relax and try to reassure myself that there is nothing to get worried about before they even tell me anything.

So after they squeeze my right one in a vice (that's pretty much what it is, in my opinion), the tech tells me to sit and wait. After a few minutes go by the doctor comes in and tells me that everything is alright. There were just a few calcifications spots they wanted to look at.

Oh my goodness.....You mean I'm alright? It's okay?? Are you absolutely SURE, doctor??

Damn......

And yes, I know I didn't really have extensive tests done, and I know it's considered common to come back for an additional look so they can be sure, but this was my first one and to have to come back a 2nd time, did get a little worrisome for me.

Of course now it makes me want to proudly display them. (well, covered up anyway) LOL!!

See world? They are okay!

And if you knew me growing up, I was not one to display them more than they already were.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I feel your pain--I also have "dense breasts"...more specifically, 32DD!! I've had to go back for a closer look, even to the point of getting an MRI done.

But, good that they want to be sure and rule everything out.
Better to determine that they are calcifications than to just brush it off, and have the attitude of "wait and see" til the next mammogram.

Tina said...

After babies, I moved up into the "Full Figure" 36D category. I could no longer wear my cute Victoria Secret bras!!

Unknown said...

Glad to here your "girls" are healthy & happy! I am sooo not looking forward to that test. My 42G "girls" are going to be very unhappy to have that test done.

Congrats on keeping your emotions under control as well. I'm proud of you!!

love & miss you!!!!!