Thursday, April 24, 2008

What a Way to End My 30's

Okay, I was all prepared to write this whole post about how I'm turning 40, and how I was going to reflect on my life so far. About how in my 20's I first moved out with my friend, Stacie, and then a year later, moved in with my other friend, Susan, and how I met my hubby and got married and had my first baby when I was 27. And then how in my 30's I had my second baby, lost 30 pounds, lost my mom, bought our house and much more.

And then I end up in the ER today, because of some kind of bite I got a few days ago that has swelled up to a nice plump size with an infection.

Yea. Nice.

So I go to the ER (twice, no less because I thought it was getting worse later on, but it wasn't and I was probably having a reaction to the double antibiotics I'm on combined with a bit of an anxiety attack) and they "mapped" my ankle, gave me antibiotics and then some topical cream as well, as some anti-itching medication because it itches like CRAZY sometimes!

As I "ring" in my new decade of being 40 tomorrow, I get to hobble around with a "cankle". Oh wait, excuse me HALF of a cankle from some sort of bite (I think it was probably a spider bite though) because it's only on one half of my ankle.

Nice.

Even if I do have nausea from the antibiotics, I am determined to have my hot fudge sundae from Baskin-Robbins. It's a long standing tradition on my birthday, that I get that, and I will, dammit!

Oh a positive note, hubby sent me my birthday present (however the mailman did not leave the package) and I am going to the post office tomorrow to pick it up. I can't wait to see what it is! :)

No comments: