Saturday, April 12, 2008

Petco.....Where the pets go............

To get de-skunkified, in our case.

I had the just wonderful pleasure (insert HEAVY sarcasm here) of having my dog "skunked".

I took him to the groomers this morning and then while he was there, I purchase the above product and sprayed the hell out of my house, especially in the rooms where he had been. I had to wash some bedding too, because we have a trundle bed and he got next to the bedding on that one bed. Oh joy.

And of course, it can't be a nice spring day where I can have the house open all day to help air it out.

No. It's 90 degrees here at 1:30 p.m.

I aired it out as much as possible this morning and will do the same this evening once we get back from the youngest's t-ball game.

I also have to keep him out of the one room where he "transferred" the most odor. So the oldest gets to sleep with me for a few days while it gets aired out.

Oh joy.

And here I thought I was going to get to have a nice relaxing Saturday until the youngest's t-ball game.

Well, on the positive side, he's nice and clean now.

3 comments:

K said...

ugh. hate that skunkiness. Our dog got sprayed once when we lived in Monterey- someone suggested tomato juice and then he smelled like skunky tomatoes. ugh. :-) This too shall pass, my friend!

Michelle said...

Ugh! Skunked dogs are no fun. That smell takes forever to go away, but it does fade. You will now learn to do skunk scans before letting the dog out!! :)

Sueberry said...

OH NO, Tina! That's horrible!!! I live in an area heavily populated by skunks & we OFTEN get them running around at night outside making their fantastic aroma that takes DAYS to vacate my home's interior, even with the windows closed! That stench is just the WORST and it gets into your house no matter what. Poor Burbank....he must have been miserable!!!