Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Today is mine and my husband's 15th wedding anniversary. That's right, 15 years. Wow.

It's a bummer though that we are not together on this day. He is still out to sea. He did call me this morning though and that was a WONDERFUL treat for me. :)

Fifteen years ago we got married in a little church that barely held 75 people. Afterwards we had the reception in my grandma's backyard. Nothing fancy at all. We just wanted everyone to have a good time.

On the way to my grandma's from the church, my mom asked us to stop by the nursing home so that my grandma could see us. She was unable to make it to the wedding, as she was still recovering from a stroke. So as much as I didn't want to go, I did. And I'm so glad I did. It was not only a treat for my grandma, but everyone in the nursing home, because they got to see us all dressed up. When I walked into my grandma's room, she immediately started crying. Which caused me to cry too. I wanted her there so much for the wedding, but at least we did get to see each other on my wedding day. That was a very special moment in my life for me and lucky me, it was on my wedding day.

Five years ago, on our 10th wedding anniversary, I was almost 8 months pregnant with my youngest. We went out to dinner to a fancy steak house that promoted the best steak around here. Sadly, neither hubby nor I thought that way. But we had a nice time anyway. It's not that often that we do get to go out on our own, so we do enjoy it when we get the opportunity, and we make time to make that opportunity on our anniversary. So we'll just have to celebrate it a few months late when he comes home.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

OMG, Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

xoxo

Stacy said...

and WOW what an amazingly gorgeous photo of the both of you. your love really shines through.

xoxo

Tina said...

Awww, THANK YOU so much! :) That is very sweet.