Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dance, Dance, Revolution

Nothing's better than beating your daughter at Dance, Dance Revolution on the Playstation 2. :)

Hubby and I got the girls a PS2 for Christmas, the year before last. One of the games I made sure to get with it was Dance, Dance, Revolution. I figured if the girls were going to have a video game system, I wanted them to have an interactive one as well. (Of course now there is the Wii, which I TOTALLY want too. Oh well, maybe another year or so). And yes, I admit it, I wanted it for me too.

Growing up in high school and a little beyond that, my friends and I went to dance clubs EVERY weekend. There was Marilyns, Network (the original and the second one), 321, Magic Mountain (they used to have dancing there during the summer), Florentine Gardens, and others that I can't remember. Of course we went there to find guys as well. But damn, we were all very thin back then, and a lot of it I know had to do with dancing (yes, we did dance when we were there too)

So this Dance, Dance Revolution was as much for me as it was for them.

So today we get it out and play with it. Of course my eldest, who wasn't playing at first, comes on and gets an "A" on her playing level her first time today, whereas I'm trying to get at least a C in some of the songs.

BUT, BUT, we put on "Play That Funky Music White Boy" and I did it and I got an A with a star! I did every move and touched every arrow correctly on the mat! Ha-Ha! They may not have all been perfect, but they were either perfect or great. The eldest couldn't do it. Ha....Ha......Ha.....

We did have loads of fun playing it today though.

And it is great exercise for me too. :)

No comments: