10 years ago we started a yearly tradition of exchanging ornaments. One person each year is in charge of organizing it, picking the names and letting us all know who our "secret santa" is. Then we pick out an ornament (or other decoration) for that person and mail it to them. Then, after a date is picked in December, we all go to a chat room (it used to be AOL, but too many of us were having problems, so we went to chatzy.com this year) and open our presents on that night.
This is one of my favorite things to do each year. Some of the years our chats get so hilarious and funny, we are laughing our butts off and our family is just looking at us like we are so weird!
I am so looking forward to the day when I will have gotten an ornament from every single member of our group and that I have given an ornament to each on of my friends.
We are a special bunch of gals, inasmuch as we all come from different backgrounds, different lifestyles, and different parts of the country. We all came together because our children were born that same year. And now, while we do still talk about our children, our discussions are more about us and our lives and sharing it with each other.
These are the ornaments I got this year. I love them!!

2 comments:
Those are so darn cute! I hope you all didn't have too much fun without me??
We missed you!!
Post a Comment