Tonight my youngest got to play soccer at night, "under the lights", as they called it.
Because of carnivals that are going on at the elementary schools, they had this division make up their game by playing at night. Because the fields are so small for this division, they had six games going on at one time, making it possible to play at this particular field that had lights. It was a neat thing tonight.
My youngest gets out there and she loves to run with the "bumblebee pack". That's pretty much what the girls do at this age, there are no set positions and they all cluster around the ball together. You can always count on her to have a great big smile on her face as she's running down the field with the rest of the girls. She could care less if she had the ball or not.
And her coach is SOOOOOOOOO great! She has each girl take a turn kicking the ball when it's their turn for the kick off. So they all get a chance to do it.
Well, tonight, my youngest had the ball and she got it down the field and into the goal (they don't keep score at this age and they don't have goalies).
Something clicked tonight. I don't know if it was because they were playing "under the lights" or what, but somehow my youngest figured it out to get the ball and dribble it down the field and into the net.
The first time she did it she had this huge smile on her face and her coach hugged her too!
Then, BAM!! She was on fire.
Then came goal #2.
Then goal #3.
Then goal #4.
After she made goal #5, she looked at me and put up five fingers. I was laughing so hard at her out of joy, seeing how happy she was out there and how much fun she was having.
I thought she was going to be a total ball hog out there, but I did see her kick it back to one of her teammates who had been kicking it before. I thought that was VERY good of her to kick it back to her so she could have a chance.
And last but not least, she scored goal #6.
What a night.
I'm so glad she had fun, I know I sure did, watching HER have fun and be nice out there at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment