It was both of our girls' first time at a concert. And what a concert for them to see for their first time. I don't think anyone ever forgets their first concert they went to. It's such an exhilirating experience!
This is the view we had. Not the best, but not the worst by far. And I had to remind my eldest that she was VERY, VERY lucky that we even got tickets for this concert and didn't have to pay an arm and a leg.
The Jonas Brothers were the opening act and you should have heard all the shrieks and screams coming from the arena. I'm sure glad I brought my ear plugs! Not that I didn't want to hear the concert, of course I did, I just didn't want to have ringing in my ears for the next few days!
And I could hear the concert quite well! I suggested to my eldest that she wear them, but she declined. And normally I would make her wear them, but this was her first concert and I wanted her to actually have that feeling of the ringing in her ears to know why I wore them, and how she would think twice the next time about wearing them. I think she might wear them next time.
Then Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus came on stage...
I had a decent camera to zoom in to get decent shots for her.
I was quite content to sit in my seat and listen to the concert. I loved watching my eldest's expressions and movements during the concert. It was such a joy to me that I was able to provide that for her. :)
It also brought me back to my first concert. It was 1983 and it was the night before the first day of school. My best friend and I went to see Def Leppard. My mom had gotten the tickets from someone she worked with and my friend and I were so thrilled to go! Her parents took us there and we got to go into the concert all by ourselves. It was so cool for us. We had such a blast. It didn't matter that we were tired the next day, the first day of 10th grade, the first day of high school. We enjoyed it VERY much.
Oh, and I did make my eldest go to school the next day. She didn't mind though, she got to show off her concert t-shirt.
I didn't go into work today though. I took it off. One of the benefits of my job and being an adult. I can take the day off from work if I want to.

2 comments:
E would be so jealous! Tickets were impossible to get here, sold out in minutes.
cute!
Post a Comment