Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sugar and Spice?

My friend, Schmoopy just found out that she is having a girl.

I am so incredibly happy for her!!

Ahhhh, little girls. They are so precious!

That is until they turn into preteens.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my girls. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! They are THE most precious things in my life. I love to talk about them, I love to brag about them. I love to tell my birth stories about both of them, because they both had different births.

One put me in labor for 16 hours, 3 hours of pushing and I ended up having a c-section because she was 10 pounds, 6 ounces. Yea. OUCH is damn right!

The other one decided to come early and was 5 pounds, 15 ounces and I got to have her vaginally. I was so happy that I got to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). Between the two, I definitely liked the vaginal birth better. MUCH easier recovery. Now obviously there are reason why women have to have a c-section, so I am in NO way putting those down AT ALL.

And talk about two different girls!

The eldest? Very much a "sugar" girl. (Well, that is until she hit the preteens and now she is just a heavy dose of Cayenne Pepper.)

The youngest? Very much a "spice" girl. She is definitely a feisty one! She keeps me on my toes, that's for sure. Who knows, maybe she'll turn into "sugar" when she gets older. I doubt it, but I can hope, can't I?

No comments: