Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Life In The Fast Lane (the mom fast lane anyway...)

Life has been so hectic for me the past couple of weeks and there IS an end in sight, but it's WAY down the road.....

I'm creating the yearbook for my eldest's school and it's due at the end of the month. I AM over 1/2 way done, and I see no problem being able to finish it this weekend, as the rest of the pages are activity pages and the pictures just need to be plugged into the page.

The eldest also had a softball game last night and I must say, us parents thoroughly enjoyed ourselves last night. We had the best ump. He was friendly, made jokes with the girls, it was fun. The eldest did get a hit, which is very good (although it was a pop up and she got out) AND she got to play second base in the last inning. Very nice......I also VERY much like her coach. Our team was so far ahead and some of the girls could have easily stolen home base, but he had them hang back. No need to throw it in the other team's face, you know?

The youngest was having a ball with sunflower seeds. Just about everyone at the softball games has "seeds". She wanted them too. Hubby and I have tried to teach her how to open them with her teeth and eat the inside, and a few times she did do it, but for the most part, she just likes putting them in her mouth and spitting them out, like she sees everyone else do. One time she had about 7 or 8 sunflower seeds in her mouth at once and spit them all out at once. It was funny. Ahhhh, the things that amuse us these days.....

On a more somber note, my great uncle passed away this past Saturday. He turned 90 a week ago today. His health was failing him, but his mind never did, even up until the end. But I will write a special post about him later on, as he is one who deserves it, for he was a great man.

I should certainly get off the computer now, as it is time for me to take the youngest to preschool and get my butt off to work.

No comments: