Yikes! It feels like forever since I've written anything!
It's been fairly busy for me lately though.
Hubby is home, and has been home for a few weeks, but shortly, he will be leaving out to sea for quite a while.
I'm not looking forward to it. I never DO look forward to it. I want him home with me. But I know that he has to do this, as it's his job. But it still never gets any easier. You'd think that since I've done this FIVE times before, that it wouldn't be as hard. But it is. Especially with our girls too. This will be the first time that the youngest will really know what's going on. The last time we did this, she was only 3 months old.
She can be SO painfully shy too. On Friday she fell at preschool and scraped her chin. She absolutely HAS to have a bandaid on it, because she doesn't want people looking at her chin. SHE doesn't even want to look at her chin with the scrape on it. But once the bandaid is on, she's fine. It's probably going to take her some time to get used to Daddy being back when he comes back. We are going to have to make sure and send him lots of letters, emails, pictures, etc, and make it so she can communicate with him to make the transition a little easier.
The eldest? Well, she doesn't like it either and she has her moments too with it. She'll have her emotional outbursts as well, and with her being a preteen and hormones rushing around her? Yea, that' s not something I'm looking forward to.
She had a rough week herself! I had to pick her up from school on Wednesday, as she had gotten sick at school. On Friday, she had two baby teeth pulled and then threw up again that night at 1 a.m., and that was not a pretty sight. I HATE throw up. But then again, I don't know anyone who really LIKES it, do you?
Is there anything HAPPY that happened to me this past week you ask?
Yes, we went to DISNEYLAND on Tuesday!! Woohoo!!! Of course it did rain on us for about an hour there and I can't stand rain, but it was near the end of the day, so it wasn't that bad. Hubby and I joked that we were traumatizing the youngest, as we took her on Pirates of the Carribean first and the Haunted Mansion second. Then a while later we took her on the Matterhorn. Now, before anyone says anything we took her on these rides a year ago and she was fine. She LOVED the Matterhorn back then. Now? Not so much. She literally screamed when we were on the ride and not because she was having fun. (My poor baby!) Pirates? She didn't care for that as much, but she LOVED the Haunted Mansion. Go figure.
Her favorite? It's A Small World, Dumbo and the Carousel, of course.
We rocked out on Space Mountain with The Red Hot Chili Peppers, which was WAY cool! Hubby and I took turns with the eldest on that one since there was no way we were going to take the youngest on that one. That one goes just a little too fast to put the youngest on that one.
Maybe next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment